鳥を見て、So, it has nothing to do with the seasons, I think I cheated in the second line, using the wrong reading of the kanji, and I learned later that I actually misspelled the last word. But, this fits the 5-7-5 format, actually happened, and (probably) makes sense in Japanese!
通りを見てません。
壁、えとね。。。
In phonetic romaji (representation of Japanese words using Latin letters, but also changing the representation slightly so that someone more familiar with English will pronounce it "correctly"), the above is
Tori oh meetay,Translated:
dori oh meetay masen.
kabay, ehtonay...
Watching the bird,So, remember those sagi (鷺) I told you about down by the river? I was watching one fly overhead recently, and took my eyes off the bike path a little too long. When my attention returned to where it was demanded, my collision with the flimsy-looking fence -- that was the only thing keeping me from tumbling into the mighty Sakai-gawa (境川) -- was imminent. I think I escaped with only minor bruises, but my knee still is sore almost two weeks later.
Not watching the street.
The wall, well....
One of my goals when I started learning Japanese was to reach a point where I could compose an authentic Japanese Haiku. I think this can suffice, for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment