Featured Post

The Learn'd Astronomer

When I heard the learn'd astronomer; When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me; When I was shown the charts and t...

Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Fire is gone?

This week, I noticed my hot water heater was malfunctioning.  I found myself taking a cold shower, went to inspect the heater afterward, and found that the pilot light had gone out.  I have no idea when this happened.  I don't use a lot of hot water.  But it got me thinking about other things in my life.

Like a lot of things in life, a hot water heater can make a lot of hay from a few short bursts of fire.  It has a huge reservoir.  The fire does its work, and then you and others can reap the benefits for a long time afterward.  The pilot light is small, but is enough to relight that fire when it is needed again.  But sometimes, due to neglect, you might not be aware that you have let the pilot light go out.  Then, when you need that fire to replenish your reservoir, there is nothing.  I recently found myself in this situation in life, as well as with my hot water heater.  Thankfully, I was presented with a sequence of events that allowed me to re-ignite that fire.

Inspect your pilot lights this week.  Both those of appliances and those of your person.  Take a peak, make sure they are lit; make sure you are prepared to prepared at a moment's notice to build up that fire and reap its rewards to the benefit of yourself as well as those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment